Sunday 17 May 2015

'ROAD' - Post 08

‘ROAD’ – Performance Week
Monday 11th, Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th May 2015
Final rehearsals
     As the performance week began, we instantly proceeded into the rehearsals of ‘ROAD’.  Both the tech runs and start to finish rehearsals, I found, were extremely successful.  I personally found that it embraced our final understanding and visual elements of the production.  The tech run helped me to get a better theatrical vision of ‘ROAD’.  Plus the start to finish rehearsals helped me to conclude how this production is more intriguing than its script.

Final observational feedback
     My performance role (‘Jerry’) had layers of detail and character information stored into a monologue therefore I felt a slight desperate need to bring the character to life with good and accurate intention.  Therefore I took every observational feedback note as an opportunity to improve.  Key feedback notes I received were:

·         Visualise, reminisce, and act out his past – that way there is a sense of likability within his characteristics and show that this elderly character isn’t meaningless in this production.
·         Remember to change vocal pitch variations – I found this a really essential performance feedback note, because it would allow me to vocally bring the character to life and have no similarities to my own vocal variations.  Only then will the audience see ‘Jerry’ not an actor.
·         Great delivery, physically and vocally, of the character’s traits – A positive feedback note that really helped my confidence with this performance.

The main performance
     I was extremely pleased with the end result of our performance of ‘ROAD’.  I was pleased with our ensemble presentation of ‘ROAD’ and its characters.  Plus I was very pleased with my presentation of ‘Jerry’. 

 

     Full performance evaluation to be posted soon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment