Tuesday 11 February 2014

Week Eighteen: Shakespeare (Absent)

My Absent Week

Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th January 2014
Unfortunately I was off sick the whole week of week eighteen (week four of our Shakespeare assignment), however with some catch up sessions I am able to give a brief note on what where the main discussion points of this week.
     At the beginning of the week, the tutor group began with a trip to the computer rooms, this started the written assessments of the Shakespeare assignment.  Beginning with contextual research into Shakespeare's history and his productions.  With a couple of hours to write as much as they could, the tutor group then returned to the drama room, to continue rehearsals for our performance, which is the main part of the assignment.  Unfortunately my partner, who take on the role of Proteus in our scene from 'The Two Gentlemen of Verona', he was unable to do any rehearsals but he was able to work on his second scene, which is an extract from 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.
     Whilst I was absent this gave me time to learn more of my script, as well as develop my characterisation.  My plan was to deliver the lines in a slightly comedic tone, to keep the audience entertained and really present the fact that my character, Valentine, was truly in love.  Again with  presentation of the scene being a comedy, but there was to be a sense of a serious reality to it.
     Fortunately I recovered near the end of the week and was able to return to the course the following week.

No comments:

Post a Comment